Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

Everything Emma: Jane Austen Tour

So, I was browsing my Twitter stream when I noticed 
@Feelinfeminine's tweet about the 
http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo228/FeelinFeminine/JaneAustenTour/jatourbanner2.png

=D
So, being a HUGE Jane Austin fan,
 I wanted to be a part of it!!!

The fashion part that is. 
;-)

The outfit for this week and for the tour is based off of 
the 2009 BBC series:

Emma 
(Played by Ramola Garai)
(This is a winter outfit, by the way...Slightly out of season..)
(but not out of style. ;-D )


"Emma Woodhouse,
 handsome, clever, and rich, with a comfortable home and happy disposition,
 seemed to unite some of the best blessings of existence; 
and had lived nearly twenty-one years in the world 
with very little to distress or vex her."


You can't see it in that picture,
but under her 
(seriously adorable)
jacket, she's wearing a button front white blouse,
with slightly poufy sleeves..
Much like this one! =D




Which is a very good thing, 
because without it,
this dress wouldn't fit the modesty bill.
But with it, 
it's totally cute!



So, remember that aforementioned 
(Seriously adorable)
jacket?
Ta-da!!!
A shade darker, perhaps, 
but still adorable!






Yes, you're right!
It doesn't show her in a necklace!
But the heroine of any love story 
is always wearing a pendent necklace,
whether the authour mentions it or not. 
;-)
I love how antique looking it is!



You know how I said this was a wintery outfit?
Well, here's proof!
If you wore these where I live right now,
 you would probably die of the heat.
(But, just sayin', at least you'd have cute gloves on...)
And these gloves are too cute!






I googled a picture of some Jane Austin era shoes,
(Don't you love google?)
I used that picture as a reference,
and found these!
They look just like the ones in the picture!
(Please, PLEASE forgive me for losing that particular pic..)
=S




Links:





^^ Found this picture while I was looking for the outfit.^^
Isn't it cute??
=D

By the way, 
Super cute bathing suits!!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the shoes and jacket! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The jacket and shoes were my favorite parts of this outfit as well. =)
    I still wonder about the dress, but it seemed to math her's...
    =)

    ReplyDelete

If you like this outfit, let me know! =)